- Makes about 36 biscuits
250g softened butter (room temperature if warm, or heat briefly in a microwave)
325g plain white flour
125g granulated sugar
Extra sugar for sprinkling
- Add the butter, flour and sugar to a bowl and mix together, initially using a wooden spoon, but then gathering it by hand as it begins to form a dough.
- Form the dough into a sausage shape, sprinkle sugar onto a clean surface and roll the sausage in the sugar until coated.
- Wrap the sausage in cling-film or a plastic bag and place in the fridge for thirty minutes.
- Take the roll out of the fridge and using a sharp knife, cut thin slices (just under a cm thick) and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for about 30minutes at 150°C, until the biscuits are a light golden brown colour. Do not overcook.
- Sprinkle the baked biscuits with a little more sugar, then allow to cool and firm up for a few minutes before removing them onto a cooling rack.