450g ready-made puff pastry
2 medium onions, chopped
A little oil or lard for frying
A little beaten egg or milk
- Fry the onions over a medium heat for a few minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Mix together the onions and sausage-meat in a bowl.
- Cut the pastry into six and roll out each piece to approximately 10cm by 18cm.
- Split the sausage-meat mixture between the six and place on one half of the pastry, ensuring there is a good border around the edge to seal.
- Dampen the edges of the pasties with a little water and fold over the pastry to cover the sausage-meat, sealing the edges with a fork.
- Brush the pasties with a little beaten egg or milk.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 200°C and bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 180°C and bake for a further 25 minutes.