3 medium mushrooms
2 chicken breasts
3 tablespoons corn-flour
Salt and pepper to season
Fat for frying
A little water or stock, heated to boiling point
375g puff pastry
- Chop the mushrooms into small dice and fry them over a low-to-medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Season the corn-flour with salt and pepper. Chop the chicken breasts into small pieces and toss in the flour until well coated.
- Move the mushrooms to the side of the frying pan, add a little more fat if necessary, then add the chicken pieces and fry until they are golden brown at the edges.
- Add a little water or stock to the pan until the chicken and mushroom mixture is just covered. Bring to a simmer and cook for twelve minutes, stirring periodically. Add a little more water or stock to keep the contents covered and to prevent the mixture from becoming too stodgy.
- The mixture should now be allowed to cool to thicken and solidify.
- Divide the pastry into five and roll out into rectangles approximately 12cm by 25.
- Split the chicken and mushroom mixture between the five slices, placing it on one half of the pastry, ensuring there is sufficient border to make a good seal.
- Dampen the edges of the pastry with water and fold over, sealing the edges using a fork.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 180ºC and continue to bake for a further 15-20 minutes.
1 thought on “Chicken and Mushroom Pasties”