3 tablespoons goose fat or dripping
1-2 tablespoons honey
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Peel and quarter the parsnips.
- Place in salted water, bring to the boil and simmer for two minutes.
- Melt the fat in a roasting tray on top of the stove and fry the parsnips until golden brown on all sides.
- Roast in the oven for 20 to 40 minutes, turning occasionally (the longer cooking time will give more burnt edges, adding a slightly bitter taste to balance the sweetness).
- Add the honey, mix with the fat and turn the parsnips to ensure it is distributed over all the parsnips.
- Return to the oven and cook for a further 5 minutes.