1 celeriac bulb, chopped into 1cm dice
2 carrot, chopped into 1cm dice
1 leek, sliced
1.4 litres fish-stock or water
4 tablespoons plain white flour
200ml single cream (38% fat)
150g smoked fish (smoked cod works well)
150g fish (any type)
1 tsp chopped chives
1) Peel and chop all vegetables, add them to a saucepan with the fish-stock or water, bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
2) Mix together the flour and a little of the cream, ensuring there are no lumps, gradually adding all the liquid a little at a time until you have a smooth paste.
3) Stir the soup as you add in the flour mixture and continue to stir until the mixture thickens and returns to the boil.
4) Simmer for a further 5 minutes, then add the fish. Allow to cook for a further five minutes, then add the chopped chives and serve.
5) You can add salt and pepper, and a little lemon juice to the soup to taste.